|Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for IOS 2013. However, we are no longer accepting submissions.|
Why be an IOS presenter?
As a presenter at the IOS conference, you will have a unique opportunity to address a pan-Canadian audience involved in addressing alcohol and drug issues, including pain and addiction, prevention, treatment and well-being, while contributing to continued knowledge exchange within the Canadian context. A limited number of conference subsidies are available for presenters and attendees.
Topics of interest for IOS:
- Showcasing best, promising and innovative practices
- Population-focused (eg., youth, incarcerated persons, seniors, homeless)
- Addressing the complexity of concurrent disorders (eg., mental health and substance use, gambling and substance use)
- Pain and addiction
- Indigenous approaches to addiction and healing
- Addressing gaps in care through integrated and coordinated approaches
- Prevention and early identification
- Recovery, health and well-being
- Knowledge transfer and exchange
Applicants can submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts. The following presentation formats are available:
- Oral presentation
- Interactive learning workshop
- Open-forum talk
- Other innovative, interactive formats are encouraged
- Deadline for submissions: April 7, 2013 (5:00 p.m. PDT/ 8:00 EDT)
- Notification to applicants: May 2013
View the Call for Abstracts to learn more!